- KGW shall established in-house regulations regarding the handling of personal information and the handling, use, and provision of personal information shall be conducted pursuant to these regulations.
- Personal information shall be used within the scope necessary to achieve the specified purpose of use and shall not be used for any other purpose. Appropriate measures shall be established and implemented to ensure the personal information is only used for the specified purpose.
- Technological measures, such as the use of a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), shall be employed in the network system of KGW that handles personal information to prevent the personal information from being lost, destroyed, tampered with, leaked, etc., and preventative and corrective measures, such as establishing an in-house management system, shall be implemented to provide technical and organizational protection of personal information.
- Should an individual request disclosure, revision, termination of use, or other action regarding their personal information, the Company shall confirm the identity of the individual and then take the appropriate action within a reasonable time.
- All laws, government policies, and other guidelines regarding the protection of personal information shall be observed, and the Company shall periodically revise the corresponding in-house regulations regarding the handling of personal information in response to changes in the corresponding legal and business environment, etc.
- Please contact KGW below if you have any questions or complaints regarding the handling of personal information.
【Contact for Inquiries Regarding Personal Information】
KURE GRINGDING WHEEL Co., Ltd., General Affairs Department, Personal Information Protection Supervisor
2-1-5 Hamamatsu-cho, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Information to be Disclosed Pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
The following information is provided pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
1. Information regarding the disclosure of the purposes for using personal information.
(1) Purpose of use when personal information is collected using a means other than documents (Act Article 18 Paragraph 1)
When personal information is collected by having the individual directly write it on a document, state the purpose of use at that time (Act Article 18 Paragraph 2).When collecting personal information by any other means, that information shall be handled within the following scope of purpose of use (Act Article 18 Paragraph 1).
【Personal Information Types and Purposes of Use】
- Customer Information
Provision of products, services, and information ordered from the company; billing and payment; and information about the company’s products, services, and information
- Information about parties to which work is outsourced
Work notifications, billing, and payment
- Information regarding inquiries and complaints
Information from inquiries, complaints, etc., sent to the company and the corresponding answers and responses
- Employee information (including temporary employees and retired persons)
Work notification, personnel management
- Recruit information
Hiring evaluations and decisions, personnel management
- Customer Information
(2) Commissioned personal information purpose of use (Act Article 18 Paragraph 1, Act Article 23 Paragraph 5 Item 1)
【Personal Information Types and Purposes of Use】
Entrusting of information and execution of commissioned work accompanying the commissioning of work
(3) Acquisition accompanying a merger, splitting of the company, or assumption of operations (Act Article 23 Paragraph 5 Item 2)
When personal information is acquired from a merger, split, or assumption of operations, that information shall be handled within the scope required to achieve the purpose of use of the personal information that existed prior to the merger, split, or assumption of operations.
(4) Items regarding joint use (Act Article 23 Paragraph 5 Item 3, Act Article 23 Paragraph 6)
Currently, no personal information is acquired for joint use.
2. Information that should be known by the individual regarding the possessed personal data (Act Article 27 Paragraph 1)
The purpose of use of the personal data possessed by the company has the same purpose of use as stated above in 1(1).
3. Providing personal data to a third party (Act Article 23 Paragraphs 2, 3)
The company will appropriately manage the individual data acquired from individuals and will not provide it to a third party without the prior consent of the individual. However, this does not apply in the case of the following.
When provision is required by law
When provision is required to product life, limb, or property and containing the consent of the individual is difficult.
When especially required to improve public health or to promote the wholesome rearing of a child and containing the consent of the individual is difficult.
When cooperation with the work of a government organ, local public organization, or party commissioned to perform such work is required and obtaining the permission of the individual could interfere with the conduct of said work.
4. Organization name and contact information for the party responsible for administering protection of individual information
KURE GRINDING WHEEL Co., Ltd., General Affairs Department Personal Information Protection Supervisor
TEL: 03－3432－4121 (Operation hours: 9：30 to 17：30, Saturday, Sunday, and holidays, and when the company is closed)
5. Items regarding the procedures for meeting a request for disclosure, etc. (Act Article 32)
The company will requests for the disclosure, revision, addition, partial deletion, termination of use and deletion, and cessation of disclosure to a third party when requested by the individual or his/her representative of the possessed personal data (hereinafter “disclosure, etc.”).
When requesting a disclosure, etc., specify the items to be disclosure, etc., and use either the following request method or the method separately designated by the party receiving the request for disclosure, etc. (hereinafter “receiving party”) will be used.
- Request method*Parties that can request disclosure, etc.
The parties that can request disclosure, etc., are the individual, his/her legal representative, or a designated representative.?*Reception method
Prepare the following required documents and mail them to the receiving parties. If you have any questions about the request method, use the contact method stated by the receiving party.?Required documents
- Request sheet for disclosure, etc. (No specified format. The request and name, address, and telephone number of the individual must be stated.)
- Individual identification documents (copy of the driver’s license, certificate of residence, passport, or other photo ID documentation issued by a government organization.)
- Documents verifying power of attorney:
[For a legal representative] A copy of the family register or other document that can be used to confirm the power of attorney.
[For a designated representative] An authorization letter (bearing the seal of the individual) and the seal registration certificate of the individual (issued within the last 3 months).
- Personal identification documents for the representative (copy of the driver’s license, certificate of residence, passport, or other photo ID documentation issued by a government organization).
- Other precautions*Precautions regarding the individual identification documents and power of attorney verification documents
If the permanent domicile, medical records, or similar information is stated, expunge the pertinent information before mailing the documents.*When a request for disclosure, etc., cannot be met
Please understand that a request for disclosure, etc., cannot be met in the following cases. In this case, the requester will be notified of the reason for the denial of the request.
- When the requester of the disclosure, etc., could not be confirmed as the individual or the representative of the possessed individual data.
- When there is no possessed individual data that corresponds to the request for disclosure, etc.
- When there is a possibility of harm to the life, limb, property, or other rights of the individual or a third party.
- When there will be or could be significant interference to the appropriate conduct of company operations.
- When it would break another law, regulation, etc.
?*Purpose of use of personal information acquired accompanying a request for disclosure, etc.
The personal information acquired accompanying the request for disclosure, etc., shall only be used within the scope required to for the disclosure, etc. The submitted documents will not be returned. The documents will be appropriately managed and disposed of when the response to the request for disclosure, etc., is completed.
KURE GRIND WHEEL Co., Ltd. General Affairs Department Personal Information Protection Supervisor
2-1-5 Hamamatsu-cho, Minato-ku, Tokyo (105-0013)