KGW recognizes that its business activities affect the global environment and local societies, and conducts the following related training activities.
- In-house training: We conduct training for ISO9001 standards, PL law, QC circle activities, measurement instruments, and OJT.
- Outside training: Employees attend training for test planning methods, FMEA, SPC, and QC methods.
- Promotion of qualifications: We encourage employees to acquire Level 2 QC certification.
- In-house training: We conduct training activities aimed at raising the levels of interest and concern related to ISO14001 standards, global warming, energy conservation, the 3 R’s of industrial waste and preventing illegal disposal, hazardous chemical substances, and other environmental laws and environmental problems on global and local scales, as well as for acquiring the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Outside training: Employees attend training conducted by energy managers and specially-controlled industrial waste managers.
- Promotion of qualifications: We encourage employees to acquire energy manager and pollution control manager qualifications.
Safety and health training
- In-house training: General safety training covers examples of past accidents, safety management systems, risk prediction training, pointing and calling, videos explaining the dangers of being caught or pinched in equipment, safety and health policy, and explanation of safety and health promotion plans. KGW safety and health staff with dust work instructor qualifications conduct special training for work involving dust.
- Outside training: Employees attend various skills training (such as forklift operator, operation chief of organic solvent, and operation chief of specified chemical substances) and special training (for changing free-hand grinding wheels and similar work, arc welding and similar work, and crane work).
- Promotion of qualifications: We encourage employees to acquire certification as class 1 health officers and hazardous materials engineers.